No need comment for this. Completely correct!
There are toxic people about — in all walks of life and everywhere. They act out the victim, bully, perfectionist or martyr. They maybe psychotic. Their effect on any healthy growth mindset can be hugely damaging.
- Distance yourself from toxic people.
- Seek help and support.
- It’s easy to say it’s all the other person’s fault, but there are two sides to every coin. Are you contributing to the toxic behaviour?
- Are you being pulled into a downward emotional spiral? Be positive and remove yourself from this person’s influence.
- Chances are you aren’t going to change this person, so your best bet is to focus on what you can control. That may mean leaving.
- Toxic people in any scenario can spread negativity like wildfire. The more positive you are, the better.